Australia’s new automobile gross sales plummeted 12.2% in April – in contrast with the identical month in 2021 – as provide constraints proceed to take their toll.
VFACTS gross sales knowledge recorded 81,065 new automobile gross sales in April, with month-to-month gross sales falling throughout all States and Territories. As much as the current time (YTD) is on the one-third calendar yr mark, with gross sales of 343,501 items, a extra modest lower of three.5% in comparison with the start of the yr.
Toyota leads the market with a complete of 17,956 autos offered and a stable 22.2% market share. Mazda got here in second (7378), forward of Mitsubishi (6463), Kia (6180) and Hyundai (5552).
The Toyota HiLux is as regular the best-selling mannequin (4493), whereas the Ford Ranger is available in second regardless of the approaching transition to an all-new model (3581). The Toyota RAV4 is third (3373), the Mazda CX-5 is fourth (2701) and the Isuzu D-Max is fifth (2374).
“We all know this [result] Federal Automotive Trade Chamber government director, Tony Weber, mentioned.
“This can be a reflection of the worldwide auto trade’s means to ship autos that aren’t
Australia market solely, however all worldwide market.
“Automakers proceed to expertise processor shortages
that is affecting their means to extend manufacturing to pre-pandemic ranges.
“Covid-19 continues to affect manufacturing and provide, particularly the place factories are pressured to shut and delivery operations haven’t totally recovered. That is being mirrored within the prolonged supply occasions for brand spanking new autos.”
Provide constraints, cited by FCAI as the reason for the disappointing gross sales month, have been a prime concern for many OEMs. Simply yesterday we spoke with Nissan Australia chief government Adam Paterson who mentioned:
“I want to inform our supplier companions that there has not been any volatility from a manufacturing and provide viewpoint. [But] There’s definitely volatility and we’re removed from over any provide challenges.
“We have been anticipating by the center of this calendar yr to normalize provide, [but] that’s not a reality. ”
Toyota, Mazda and Mitsubishi led the way in which regardless of all recording double-digit gross sales declines, whereas Kia bucked the pattern and got here in fourth – forward of sister model Hyundai for the entire month and YTD.
Ford was sixth, MG seventh, Isuzu Ute eighth regardless of promoting solely two fashions, whereas Mercedes-Benz and Nissan made the highest 10.
Manufacturers which have proven progress, dominating the market, embrace Citroen (eight occasions progress from a small base), Renault (a powerful 103.4 % improve beneath new Ateco distribution), Ram Vans (home right-hand drive conversion, up 86.4%) cents), and Chevrolet’s home RHD converter, offered by GMSV, up 62.2%.
Manufacturers with the most important gross sales as a proportion embrace Subaru (down 52.4%), Volkswagen (down 44.9%), Peugeot (down 44.4%), Jeep (down 42. 4%), Nissan (down 41.4%) ), Lexus (down 39.2%) and Honda (37.2%).
|Model||Gross sales in April||% change|
|Toyota||17,956||11.1 . off|
|Mazda||7378||26.6 . off|
|Mitsubishi||6463||14.0 . off|
|Hyundai||5552||3.8 . off|
|Ford||4974||30.4 . off|
|Isuzu Ute||3032||Up 6.4|
|Nissan||2050||41.4 . off|
|Volkswagen||1721||44.9 . off|
|BMW automobile||1663||22.8 . off|
|Subaru||1644||52.4 . off|
|Honda’s motobike||1073||37.2 . off|
|Volvo Automobiles||854||Up 7.6|
|Land Rover||585||9.3 off|
|Lexus||552||39.3 . off|
|Jeep automobile||377||42.4 . off|
|Mini||202||26.8 . off|
|SsangYong||164||23.7 yen off|
|Jaguar||ninety three||1.1 . off|
|Fiat||90||32.3 . off|
|Maserati||41||12.8 . off|
|Alfa Romeo||thirty first||38.0 . off|
|Bentley||23||91.7 . improve|
|Ferrari||15||34.8 . off|
|Aston Martin||11||Up 22.2|
|Lamborghini||9||50.0 . off|
|Rolls royce automobile||6||Up 20.0|
|Lotus flower||5||16.7 . off|
|McLaren||4||42.9 . off|
Utes as soon as once more dominate the gross sales charts, taking three of the highest 5 spots, with two midsize SUVs cut up.
The highest 20 checklist largely consists of acquainted nameplates, though the MG HS makes its first look in an enormous month by its requirements.
The general composition of the highest 20 is 5 vehicles, 5 midsize SUVs, 3 giant SUVs, 3 small SUVs, 3 small vehicles and one gentle car.
Within the prime 20, Toyota-branded merchandise occupy 5 positions, forward of Mitsubishi with 4 positions. MG and Mazda every have three of the highest 20 – within the case of MG, which means all of its fashions.
|Mitsubishi Pajero Sport||1124|
- Micro automobile: Kia Picanto (555), Mitsubishi Mirage (52), Fiat 500 (42)
- Gentle vehicles beneath $25,000: MG 3 (1615), Suzuki Baleno (991), Kia Rio (472)
- Gentle vehicles over $25,000: Mini Hatch (108), Audi A1 (31), Citroen C3 (9)
- Small vehicles beneath $40,000: Toyota Corolla (2202), Hyundai i30 (2071), Kia Cerato (1007)
- Small vehicles over $40,000: Mercedes-Benz A-Class (267), BMW 1 Sequence (105), Audi A3 (86)
- Midsize vehicles beneath $60,000: Toyota Camry (519), Skoda Octavia (182), Mazda 6 (135)
- Midsize vehicles over $60,000: Mercedes-Benz C-Class (477), BMW 3 Sequence (212), Mercedes-Benz CLA (129)
- Giant vehicles beneath $70,000: Kia Stinger (316), Superior Skoda (79)
- Giant vehicles over 70,000 USD: Porsche Taycan (58), Audi A6 (26), BMW 5 Sequence (25)
- On the massive Automotive: Mercedes-Benz S-Class (14), Chrysler 300 (13), BMW 7 Sequence (8)
- Transferring individual: Kia Carnival (483), Hyundai Staria (92), Honda Odyssey (31)
- Sports activities automobile beneath $80,000: Ford Mustang (97), Subaru BRZ (83), Mazda MX-5 (28)
- Sports activities vehicles over $80,000: BMW 4 Sequence (58), Mercedes-Benz C-Class (28), Audi A5 (20)
- Sports activities vehicles over $200,000: Porsche 911 (40), Ferrari (15), Bentley two-door (10)
- Gentle SUVs: Kia Stonic (949), Hyundai Venue (576), Volkswagen T-Cross (491)
- Small SUVs beneath $40,000: MG ZS (1923), Mitsubishi ASX (1300), Mazda CX-30 (1175)
- Small SUVs over $40,000: Volvo XC40 (388), Audi Q3 (262), Mercedes-Benz GLA (250)
- Midsize SUVs beneath $60,000: Toyota RAV4 (3373), Mazda CX-5 (2701), Kia Sportage (1327)
- Midsize SUVs over $60,000: BMW X3 (483), Mercedes-Benz GLC (397), Volvo XC60 (376)
- Giant SUVs beneath $70,000: Toyota Prado (1631), Toyota Kluger (1381), Mitsubishi Pajero Sport (1124)
- Giant SUVs over $70,000: BMW X5 (184), Mercedes-Benz GLE (178), Land Rover Defender (152)
- Giant SUVs round 100,000 USD: Toyota LandCruiser Wagon (829), Nissan Patrol (275)
- Giant SUVs over $100,000: Lexus LX (80), BMW X7 (64), Mercedes-Benz GLS (51)
- Gentle Truck: Renault Kangoo (73), Volkswagen Caddy (57), Peugeot Associate (29)
- Common truck: Toyota HiAce (657), Hyundai Staria Load (321), LDV G10 (224)
- Huge truck: LDV Ship 9 (319), Mercedes-Benz Sprinter (280), Renault Grasp (95)
- Gentle bus: Toyota HiAce (192), LDV Ship 9 (19), Toyota Coaster (13)
- 4 × 2 Ute: Toyota HiLux (1052), Isuzu D-Max (643), Mitsubishi Triton (251)
- 4 × 4 Utes: Toyota HiLux (3441), Ford Ranger (3361), Mitsubishi Triton (2106)
Gross sales by area
- New South Wales: 25,432, down 12.7%
- Victoria: 21,339, down 11.0%
- Queensland: 17,424, down 11.2%
- Western Australia: 7896, down 20.4%
- South Australia: 5459, down 6.2%
- Tasmania: 1466, down 7.9%
- Australian Capital Territory: 1201, down 14.1%
- Northern Territory: 848, down 4.8%
- SUV: 42,370 gross sales, 52.3% market share
- Gentle promoting: 19,636 gross sales, 24.2% market share
- Vacationer automobile: 15,444 gross sales, 19.1% market share
- Heavy promoting: 3615 gross sales, 4.5% market share
High segments by market share
- Midsize SUV: 20.1%
- 4 × 4 Ute: 18.6%
- Giant SUVs: 13.4%
- Small SUVs: 12.6%
- Small automobile: 8.1%
Gross sales by sort of purchaser
- Personal Patrons: 43,237, down 8.9%
- Gross sales group: 27,157, down 17.6%
- Automotive rental fleet: 4976, down 20.4%
- Authorities fleet: 2080, down 9.8%
Offered by propulsion or gasoline sort
- Petroleum: 41,796, down 16.1%
- Diesel oil: 27,882, down 10.1%
- Combination: 6277, down 17.2%
- Electrical energy: 866
- PHEV: 628, up 153.2%
- Hydrogen FCEV: first
Gross sales by nation of origin
- Japan: 24,353 items, down 30.1%
- Thailand: 19,271 items, down 8.6%
- Korea: 12,137 items, up 2.2%
- China: 8284 items, up 47.0%
- USA: 2959, up 32.3%
Have any questions on shopping for or promoting a automobile? Ask within the feedback and I’ll be in!