The 2022 Kia Sorento line-up is at present on sale in Australia, notable for the addition of a brand new plug-in hybrid (PHEV) engine possibility on the flagship GT-Line.
UPDATE, 4/29/22: The Sorento GT-Line Hybrid has formally joined the vary, with costs beginning at $66,750 plus on-road transportation prices. Get all the main points this.
UPDATE, 07/22/2018: Kia Australia has given the Sorento a worth enhance of between $800 and $1000, relying on trim ranges. Present costs begin at $47,650 earlier than on-road prices for the front-wheel drive petrol V6 Sorento S.
Kia attributes the value enhance to exterior components reminiscent of trade charges and working prices, and the Sorento is among the many Kia fashions affected. There aren’t any specs modifications aside from new badges.
Kia has additionally raised driver costs nationally on the Sorento vary from $1500 to $1700, relying on trim degree. The V6 petrol front-wheel drive model of the entry-level Sorento S is at present priced at $50,790.
Specification smart, not a lot has modified to the MY22 aside from the brand new firm brand showing inside and outside. Costs have gone up since then Newest Sorento coming in 2020.
Within the early a part of 2022 we may also see the introduction of the Kia Sorento Hybrid, which has already been confirmed in front- and all-wheel drive variants for our market.
The 2 hybrid fashions will possible be provided solely in GT-Line specs at launch, and fall between the GT-Line and PHEV diesel engines when it comes to worth.
Valuation (from March 1, 2022)
- 2022 Kia Sorento S V6 FWD: $47,650 (+ $800)
- 2022 Kia Sorento Sport V6 FWD: $50,270 (+ $800)
- 2022 Kia Sorento Sport + V6 FWD: $54,850 (+ $1,000)
- 2022 Kia Sorento GT-Line V6 FWD: $62,070 (+1000 USD)
- 2022 Kia Sorento S Diesel AWD: $50,650 (+ $800)
- 2022 Kia Sorento Sport Diesel AWD: $53,270 (+$800)
- 2022 Kia Sorento Sport + Diesel AWD: $57,850 (+$1000)
- Kia Sorento GT-Line Diesel AWD 2022: $65,070 (+$1000)
- 2022 Kia Sorento GT-Line HEV FWD: $66,750 (NEW)
- Kia Sorento GT-Line HEV AWD 2022: $69,750 (NEW)
- 2022 Kia Sorento GT-Line PHEV AWD: $80,330 (+ $1000)
All costs don’t embrace street prices
- Premium paint: $695 (all variants)
Three powertrain choices can be found within the 2022 Kia Sorento line-up – a petroleum, a diesel and a petrol-electric plug-in hybrid.
The Sorento V6 fashions are powered by a 3.5 liter naturally aspirated V6 engine growing 200kW (6300 rpm) and 332Nm (5000 rpm), front-wheel drive via an eight-speed automated transmission.
Selecting a diesel engine offers you a Turbo-diesel 2.2-litre four-cylinder growing 148kW (3800 rpm) and 440Nm (1750-2750 rpm), all-wheel drive by way of an eight-speed dual-clutch automated transmission and on-demand all-wheel drive with lock mode.
Sorento Hybrid makes use of 132kW / 265Nm 1.6 liter turbocharged four-cylinder petrol engine cooperate with a Digital motor 44kW / 264Nm for system outputs 169kW and 350Nm. Lithium-ion polymer battery quote capability is 1kWh.
PHEV additionally options 1.6 liter turbocharged four-cylinder petrol enginecooperate with an even bigger 14kWh . polymer lithium-ion battery pack and stronger actuator mounted everlasting magnet synchronous electrical motor.
Gasoline engine developed 132kW (5500 rpm) and 265Nm (1500-4500rpm) of its personal, whereas the e-motor offers 67kW (2100 rpm-3300 rpm) and 304Nm (0-2100 rpm). The output of the system is evaluated at 195kW and 350Nm.
All Sorento engine choices carry the model’s Smartstream branding, signifying the newest era of Hyundai and Kia powertrain applied sciences designed to chop gas use and emissions concurrently. improve efficiency.
The diesel variations have particulate filter (DPF), though with out the idle cease/begin expertise like abroad markets.
The printed mixed gas consumption figures for every powertrain are as follows:
- 3.5 V6 FWD: 9.7L / 100km
- 2.2D AWD: 6.1L / 100km
- 1.6T HEV FWD: 5.3L / 100km
- 1.6T HEV AWD: 5.8 km
- 1.6T PHEV AWD: 1.6L / 100km
The mixed CO2 emissions claims for every powertrain are as follows:
- 3.5 V6 FWD: 222g/km
- 2.2D AWD: 159g/km
- 1.6T HEV FWD: N / A
- 1.6T HEV AWD: Not relevant
- 1.6T PHEV AWD: 36g/km
Furthermore, Sorento PHEV can journey as much as 68 km (NEDC) per full cost, through the use of 161Wh/km (NEDC) or 16.1kWh / 100km. Plug-in helps single-phase AC charging as much as 3.3kWpace will replenish 14kWh battery from 15 to 95% in 3 hours 25 minutes.
The three.5 V6 and PHEV fashions can run on 91 RON unleaded gas, whereas all variations of the Sorento are outfitted. 67 liter gas tank.
Service and Guarantee
The Kia Sorento vary is roofed by the model seven-year, limitless km guarantee which additionally contains seven years of limited-price upkeep and as much as eight years of roadside help if serviced by your Kia supplier.
As well as, the excessive voltage parts of the Sorento Hybrid and Plug-in Hybrid (motor electronics, batteries, and many others.) are coated by a seven-year guarantee, 150,000 km.
See service costs for every powertrain under:
3.5 V6 FWD
- 1 yr / 15,000km: $338
- 2 years / 30,000km: $533
- 3 years / 45.00km: 411 USD
- 4 years / 60,000 km: $725
- 5 years / 75,000 km: $381
- 6 years / 90,000 km: $657
- 7 years / 105,000km: 404 USD
- 1 yr / 15,000km: $335
- 2 years / 30,000km: 544 USD
- 3 years / 45.00km: $408
- 4 years / 60,000 km: $729
- 5 years / 75,000 km: $377
- 6 years / 90,000km: 670 USD
- 7 years / 105,000km: 400 USD
1.6T PHEV AWD
- 1 yr / 10,000km: $323
- 2 years / 20,000 km: $663
- 3 years / 30.00km: $720
- 4 years / 40,000km: $1010
- 5 years / 50,000 km: $364
- 6 years / 60,000 km: $1168
- 7 years / 70,000 km: $655
*Service worth Sorento HEV FWD + HEV AWD $ TBA
Kia Sorento carries a 5-star ANCAP security ranking based mostly on checks performed by Euro NCAP in 2020. All variants are included on this rating, together with petrol, diesel, hybrid and plug-in hybrid variations.
Class scores embrace 82% for grownup occupant safety, 85% for baby safety, 63% for weak pedestrian safety and 89% for security help.
A significant purpose for the decrease grownup occupant rating was the motive force’s capability to guard the chest and higher legs within the 50km/h frontal deflection check, which was rated Weak. In the meantime, decrease leg safety is taken into account ineffective for the motive force, as is the entrance passenger’s higher leg safety.
There are ISOFIX baby seat anchors in each the second (exterior) and third rows, with high fasteners in all rear positions.
Commonplace security tools contains:
- AEB with pedestrian/bicycle owner detection and junction help
- Lane holding help
- Lane Preserving Help (lane centering)
- Blind spot assist
- Rear cross-section assist
- Adaptive cruise management with cease/go
- Reverse digicam
- Entrance and rear parking sensors
- Warning about driver consideration
- Multi-collision brake
- Protected exit warning
- 7 x airbags (twin entrance, entrance and curtain, and entrance middle)
As much as the GT-Line brings upgraded projector-style twin LED headlights, a 360-degree digicam system, a facet digicam Blind-spot monitor that enhances present blind-spot help, and relevant Parking Collision-Avoidance Help. Apply the brake if the automobile detects a low-speed impediment reminiscent of a pedestrian or a wall.
Moreover, GT-Line’s Superior Protected Exit Help will really lock the doorways to stop occupants from opening the door into the passage of oncoming pedestrians. The PHEV GT-Line misses out on Distant Sensible Parking Help on V6 and diesel fashions.
All variations of Kia Sorento measure 4810mm lengthy, 1900mm broad, 1700mm excessive (with roof rail) and has a wheelbase of 2815mm. Clearance is quoted at 176mm (minimal).
Citation for V6 and diesel engine variations 616L baggage house in a five-seat configuration, 187L with all seven seats to play and 2011L with the second and third rows folded.
In the meantime, the PHEV’s added element within the underfloor storage space means it’s barely much less in each respect, citing 604L / 175L / 1988L in every respective configuration.
The Hybrid’s smaller battery pack gives extra baggage quantity than the PHEV, though nonetheless barely lower than the V6 petrol and four-cylinder diesel variations.
The quoted boot capability is 179L / 608L / 1996L in seven/5/two-seat configurations, down 8L on petrol and diesel fashions in two- and five-seat layouts, and 15L with the second and third rows of seats folded. It’s up 4L and 8L on PHEVs throughout these measurements, respectively.
For tare weight, V6 / Diesel / PHEV engines weigh 1835kg / 1908kg / 2056kg corresponding.
When it comes to towing capability, V6 FWD and Diesel AWD engines are rated to have the ability to tow as much as 2000kg (brake) with a 200kg Most towball obtain, whereas PHEV most capability is decreased 1350kg with one 100kg obtain scores.
Highlights of Sorento S:
- 17-inch alloys with full-size spares
- 8.0 inch contact display screen
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- AEB with Crossing Help and Pedestrian/Bicycle Detection
- Blind spot assist
- Rear cross-section assist
- Multi-collision brake
- LED headlights (reflector kind)
- LED fog lights
- Entrance middle airbag
Sorento Sport provides:
- Machine-finished 18-inch alloy wheels with full spare dimension
- 10.25 inch contact display screen
- Satellite tv for pc navigation with map updates as much as 10 years
- Twin-zone local weather management
- Auto defogger
- Tire strain monitoring
- 10-way power-adjustable driver’s seat with two-way lumbar
Sorento Sport+ provides:
- 19-inch alloys with full-size spares
- Sensible key begins with the push of a button
- Distant engine begin
- Electrical tailgate with adjustable top
- Leather-based seats (black)
- Entrance heated seats
- Scorching handlebars
- 2 x USB charging ports (rear seat)
- LED tail lights
The Sorento GT-Line provides:
- 20 inch darkish chrome alloy with outsized components (V6, Diesel)
- 19-inch alloys with full-size spares (HEV + PHEV)
- 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster
- Blind spot monitor
- Show display screen 8.0 inch
- Bose premium sound system (12 audio system)
- Wi-fi cellphone charger
- Panoramic sunroof
- Inside ambient gentle
- Rear seat warning
- Upholstered seat in quilted nappa leather-based (black)
- 14-way electrical driver’s seat
- 10-way power-adjustable entrance passenger seat
- Heated / ventilated entrance seats
- Heated rear seats
- Sunshades (2nd row)
- Distant Sensible Parking Help (not HEV + PHEV)
- Assist to keep away from collisions when parking
- 360 diploma digicam system
Click on on the picture to see all the gallery
THAN: Every part Kia Sorento